Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate
LOS ANGELES - October 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Quincy Jones is suing Michael Jackson's estate claiming he is owed royalties on some of the superstar's hits and was improperly deprived of a producer credit on music used in the "This Is It" film.
Jones' lawsuit filed Friday in Los Angeles seeks millions in damages from the singer's estate. The suit claims Jackson's estate re-worked some of the superstar's music that Jones produced and cut him out of the royalties and other profits.
The producer is also asking a judge to order Jackson's estate to provide a full accounting of its proceeds to determine how much he is owed. Jones produced some of Jackson's most popular albums, including "Off the Wall" and "Thriller."
Jackson's estate had no immediate comment on the lawsuit.
michael jackson, music, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator