The Jonas Brothers announce breakup
NEW YORK (AP) - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Jonas Brothers are disbanding.
Nick, Joe and Kevin announced Tuesday they're ending their highly successful run. The news comes after the brothers abruptly canceled their tour over creative differences earlier this month.
The breakup was first reported by People magazine. Publicist Jesse Derris confirmed the news and said no other details were available.
The brothers told People the breakup was unanimous and came after Nick Jonas told his brothers in a meeting earlier this month that he felt "trapped."
The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.
The band had been scheduled to release its fifth album later this year.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 1 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 37 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 38 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 41 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 43 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 23 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
1 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
43 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
41 min ago