The Jonas Brothers announce breakup
NEW YORK (AP) - October 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Jonas Brothers are disbanding.
Nick, Joe and Kevin announced Tuesday they're ending their highly successful run. The news comes after the brothers abruptly canceled their tour over creative differences earlier this month.
The breakup was first reported by People magazine. Publicist Jesse Derris confirmed the news and said no other details were available.
The brothers told People the breakup was unanimous and came after Nick Jonas told his brothers in a meeting earlier this month that he felt "trapped."
The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.
The band had been scheduled to release its fifth album later this year.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 26 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
39 min ago