Marilyn Monroe to join Madame Tussauds collection
WASHINGTON (AP) - October 30, 3013 (WPVI) -- Marilyn Monroe has a unique place in history and now will be remembered in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum in Washington.
The museum is unveiling its newest wax figure Wednesday. It will be displayed initially at Washington's O Street Museum in The Mansion on O Street.
An exhibit about the late Hollywood star will also include a pin-up calendar and photographs, as well as a shampoo advertisement and lunchbox featuring Monroe.
Monroe died 51 years ago but remains a pop culture phenomenon. She was well known for films that included "Some Like it Hot," ''Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "How to Marry a Millionaire." But for younger generations, Monroe remains an icon of style.
In Washington, a mural serves as a tribute to Monroe in the Woodley Park neighborhood.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 8 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 37 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad