Marilyn Monroe to join Madame Tussauds collection
WASHINGTON (AP) - October 30, 3013 (WPVI) -- Marilyn Monroe has a unique place in history and now will be remembered in wax at the Madame Tussauds museum in Washington.
The museum is unveiling its newest wax figure Wednesday. It will be displayed initially at Washington's O Street Museum in The Mansion on O Street.
An exhibit about the late Hollywood star will also include a pin-up calendar and photographs, as well as a shampoo advertisement and lunchbox featuring Monroe.
Monroe died 51 years ago but remains a pop culture phenomenon. She was well known for films that included "Some Like it Hot," ''Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" and "How to Marry a Millionaire." But for younger generations, Monroe remains an icon of style.
In Washington, a mural serves as a tribute to Monroe in the Woodley Park neighborhood.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man