Chicago mayor, comic engage over deep-dish diss
CHICAGO (AP) - November 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Chicago's mayor has delivered a message to comedian Jon Stewart: don't diss his city's prized pizza.
Stewart denounced Chicago deep-dish pizza on "The Daily Show" this week as "an above-ground marinara swimming pool for rats."
His feigned tirade began during a Wednesday segment about hard feelings over North America's tallest building, a title heading to New York from Chicago.
The diss didn't sit well with pie-loving Chicagoans.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office sent an anchovy-covered "real pizza" to "The Daily Show" with a note that said: "Jon, Deep Dish With Dead Fish. Love, Rahm."
Stewart's staff wasn't impressed. A video clip on the show's Twitter page shows a dog sniffing the pizza before walking away.
An Emanuel spokeswoman noted that the pizzas in question actually were made in New York.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 13 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 15 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 18 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 6 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 46 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber