Kanye West tour postponed after 60-foot screen damaged
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kanye West is postponing the rest of his "Yeezus" tour after a 60-foot LED screen used during his shows was damaged.
A representative for the rapper says a truck that carried the screen was in an accident Wednesday that "damaged the gear beyond repair." The truck was on its way to Vancouver.
The rep said in a statement Thursday that it would be "impossible" to put on a show until the screen is repaired.
Thursday's show in Vancouver and next week's shows in Denver and Minneapolis were postponed. The West rep planned to provide an update later on any new dates.
West was scheduled to visit the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, November 16th.
West's tour kicked off this month in Seattle. Rapper Kendrick Lamar is his opening act.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 21 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 23 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
17 min ago