Kanye West tour postponed after 60-foot screen damaged
NEW YORK (AP) - October 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kanye West is postponing the rest of his "Yeezus" tour after a 60-foot LED screen used during his shows was damaged.
A representative for the rapper says a truck that carried the screen was in an accident Wednesday that "damaged the gear beyond repair." The truck was on its way to Vancouver.
The rep said in a statement Thursday that it would be "impossible" to put on a show until the screen is repaired.
Thursday's show in Vancouver and next week's shows in Denver and Minneapolis were postponed. The West rep planned to provide an update later on any new dates.
West was scheduled to visit the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, November 16th.
West's tour kicked off this month in Seattle. Rapper Kendrick Lamar is his opening act.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos