Jennifer Nettles talks new solo album, motherhood
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - November 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jennifer Nettles has finished the music, chosen a cover photo and now she has a release date for her debut solo album - Jan. 14.
Nettles revealed the date Monday night in an interview at the ASCAP Country Awards, making one of many appearances this week. The Sugarland singer kicked things off with a listening party for her new Rick Rubin-produced album, "That Girl," on Sunday. She will attend the Country Music Association Awards on Wednesday and will serve as host during the taping Friday of the CMA's Christmas show.
Expect to see a different side of the 39-year-old singer as she reveals her new music. They're the first without her Sugarland partner Kristian Bush. The Grammy Award-winning duo is on hiatus.
"I think this album so far for me musically has been the most intimate and personal ... musically and vocally," Nettles said. "I think it's way more intimate to me and way more personal in the sense that when you collaborate, that's the nature of collaboration, you're affecting each other, and playing with and inspiring each other, and yet there are things that one may not get to do or want to do when collaborating."
The week will mark Nettles' first real return to the spotlight since the birth of her son, Magnus, 11 months ago. Motherhood and marriage have changed Nettles, and she says that will be reflected on "That Girl."
"I'm able to show a side that I think's more womanly," Nettles said. "I think it's more mature, and so that's big for me. I think it gives you perspective all around, not just musically but also in my career. I think you get superefficient because you have to be. You don't worry about things that were superimportant before because you have a baby and you just burn that underbrush out. You feel like a huntress."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 9 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
9 min ago