Rapper DMX again arrested in South Carolina
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - November 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper DMX has been arrested again in South Carolina.
A spokeswoman for the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport says airport police arrested the 42-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Earl Simmons, just after 5 p.m. Monday.
Rosylin Weston says officers familiar with Simmons' previous arrests for driving with a suspended license arrested him after seeing him behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Jail records show Simmons was booked on charges of driving under suspension, having an uninsured vehicle and not having a licensed vehicle. Court records list no attorney for him, and Simmons' spokesman didn't immediately return a message.
This is Simmons' fourth arrest in South Carolina this year. His other charges this year include several charges of driving under the influence and simple possession of marijuana.
south carolina, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 6 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 6 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply