Steven Seagal 'adopts' stray dog in Romania
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - November 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- He plays the tough guy in movies but actor Steven Seagal showed his soft side when he "adopted" one of Bucharest's street dogs.
The dogs have been in the news after a 4-year-old boy was fatally mauled by a stray in August and Parliament passed a law permitting Bucharest's 64,000 street dogs to be euthanized.
Seagal visited a dog shelter south of Bucharest Sunday and adopted a 7-month-old black and tan puppy in the long-distance adoption program, which costs 60 lei ($18) a month. The dog will remain at the shelter.
"I am doing the best I can to bring awareness... so that we can make sure these accidents and tragedies don't happen again," he said in comments broadcast Monday.
He is currently filming thriller "A Good Man" in Romania.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 10 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 51 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 48 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 54 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 30 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos