Berry Gordy receives Marian Anderson Award
PHILADELPHIA - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia honored the man behind the sounds of Motown Tuesday night as Berry Gordy received the 2013 Marian Anderson Award.
Gordy founded Motown Records where many of America's top R&B and soul stars created the Motown sound.
Gordy is also a songwriter, boxer, producer, and director.
The award, in its 15th year, pays tribute to an artist or individual whose body of work has impacted the world beyond the entertainment industry.
Tuesday night's gala and award presentation took place at the Kimmel Center.
philadelphia news, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 58 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 42 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
58 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos