Hollywood daughter wins Miss Golden Globe
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) - November 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Golden Globe season has officially begun with the crowning of aspiring actress Sosie Bacon, the daughter of Globe winners Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, as Miss Golden Globe 2014.
Chosen each year by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Miss Golden Globe assists with the Globes ceremony and is typically the daughter of Hollywood celebrities. The outgoing recipient is Francesca Eastwood, daughter of Clint Eastwood and Frances Fisher.
The announcement was made Thursday evening at a star-studded affair held at the tony West Hollywood restaurant Fig and Olive.
"As a young actress who is just beginning my career, it is truly an honor to be a part of such a special night in film and television," said Sosie Bacon in a statement.
The Golden Globes will be presented Jan. 12.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 23 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 1 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 7 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
2 min ago