Britney Spears makes official Las Vegas entrance
LAS VEGAS (AP) - December 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino is planning a lavish welcome for Britney Spears on Tuesday afternoon before the pop icon starts her two-year Las Vegas residency.
Spears' show debuts Dec. 27, just in time for Sin City's massive New Year's crowds. The 32-year-old will perform 50 shows each in 2014 and 2015, performing her top hits and more recent material.
The show will take place in a relatively small theater with nightclub touches, including table and bottle service.
Spears has released seven platinum-plus albums since she debuted on the music scene in 1999. She has more than a dozen Top 10 hits, including "Toxic," ''Gimme More" and "Oops! ... I Did It Again."
Her eighth album, "Britney Jean," was released this week to tepid reviews.
David Hoenemeyer, president of Planet Hollywood, said the pop star has a bigger following than any other musician playing on the Strip.
"She really cuts across all demographics. She has a remarkable following, and the ticket sales reflect that," he said. "It's a really big deal to have a star of her caliber performing for us."
britney spears, music, las vegas, nevada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!