Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
LOS ANGELES - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- "Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker was killed by impact and fire in a crash that occurred while he was a passenger in a Porsche driven by his friend, according to an autopsy released Wednesday.
Walker died Saturday when the high-performance car smashed into a light pole and tree, then exploded in flames.
The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT was driven by Roger Rodas, who was killed by the impact alone, according to the autopsy released by the Los Angeles County coroner's office.
Results of toxicology testing will take another six to eight weeks.
Walker starred in all but one of the six "Fast & Furious" blockbuster films that glorified fast cars and dangerous driving.
Sheriff's investigators were still trying to determine what caused Rodas to careen out of control. They have said speed was a factor in the crash about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, Universal Pictures announced that it has shut down production for an unspecified time on "Fast & Furious 7."
The seventh installment of the street racings series started shooting in September and was on break for the Thanksgiving holiday.
california, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 5 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 14 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 51 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 17 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
17 min ago