Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut next year
NEW YORK (AP) - December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former "Gossip Girl" star Leighton Meester will make her Broadway debut next year as a beautiful temptress in the revival of "Of Mice and Men."
Producers said Monday that Meester will join James Franco and Chris O'Dowd in the story about an unlikely friendship between two migrant field workers in California during the Great Depression.
The story by John Steinbeck centers on big-dreaming George and the mentally challenged Lennie. Meester, who starred in the film "Country Strong," will play the wife of a ranch boss who fascinates Lennie - "she's purty," he tells his friend - and endangers their fates.
The play, which starts performances in March at the Longacre Theatre, has not been seen on Broadway in 40 years. Tony Award-winner Anna D. Shapiro will direct.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 46 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 27 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
46 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos