Rachael Ray's Great American Cookbook Competition
December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Do you think you have what it takes to be the next Rachael Ray?
Rachael Ray's "Great American Cookbook Competition" gives aspiring authors the chance to make their dreams of publishing a cookbook a reality by winning a book contract with Rachael Ray Books, an imprint of The Atria Publishing Group.
The Grand Prize is valued at over $20,000 and also includes a culinary trip to Cancun, Mexico, a GE Kitchen Appliance Suite, lots of Rachael's cookware and a feature on the Rachael Ray show and in Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine. There are also four finalist prize packages worth $7,800 each that also include the trip to Cancun and Rachael's cookware.
Entries will be accepted through RachaelRayShow.com until January 14, 2014. Contestants are required to demonstrate a range of skills to prove they have what it takes to be a cookbook author, from explaining their cooking philosophy to articulating the concept for their cookbook, as well as submitting three original recipes and a cooking demonstration video featuring themselves and their book idea. Rachael is looking for a first time author who hasn't attended culinary school for more than 12 months and for someone with her "can-do," "problem-solving" attitude.
Entries will be judged in a series of preliminary elimination rounds based on qualities that make a great cookbook author, such as creativity, originality, clarity and culinary skill.
The top five finalists will be announced in April and will travel to New York City to begin a series of four head-to-head challenges at the RACHAEL RAY studio. One contestant will be eliminated after each challenge and the winner will be announced on an episode of RACHAEL RAY in May.
Full Contest Rules and all the details can be found at RachaelRayShow.com .
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 19 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 18 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago