AP Newsbreak: Winfrey announced new book club pick
NEW YORK (AP) - December 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thanks to Oprah Winfrey, a million-selling novelist is set to reach even more readers.
Winfrey has chosen Sue Monk Kidd's "The Invention of Wings," coming out next month, as her latest book club selection. An interview with Kidd will appear in the upcoming edition of "O'' magazine, which publishes Dec. 17, and a conversation with Kidd will air in 2014 on Winfrey's "Super Soul Sunday." With a best-seller almost guaranteed, publisher Viking announced Tuesday a print run of 320,000 copies.
Winfrey relaunched her club in 2012 as Oprah's Book Club 2.0, with a stronger emphasis on digital technology. Kidd's novel weaves together the stories of a slave and a slave owner's daughter. Kidd is best known for "The Secret Life of Bees."
oprah winfrey, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 32 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 42 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more