Kate Winslet gives birth to a son, her 3rd child
LONDON (AP) - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A spokeswoman for Kate Winslet says the actress has given birth to a son and is "doing great."
Publicist Laura Symons says Winslet had a boy, her third child, on Saturday at a hospital in southern England. She says mother and baby are both doing well.
The baby's name has not been announced.
This is 38-year-old Winslet's first child with husband Ned Rocknroll, whom she married last year. She has a daughter, Mia, and a son, Joe, from previous marriages to directors Jim Threapleton and Sam Mendes.
Rocknroll is the nephew of entrepreneur Richard Branson.
Winslet won an Academy Award for best actress in 2008 for her performance in "The Reader."
kate winslet, childbirth, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 28 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
28 min ago