Prince Harry, trek teams reach the South Pole
LONDON (AP) - December 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prince Harry and his fellow adventurers have made it to the South Pole.
Harry, 29, is a member of one of three teams involving injured soldiers that set out two weeks ago on the 200-mile (320-kilometer) Walking with the Wounded South Pole Challenge.
The charity said Friday that the teams arrived at the South Pole at 13:25 GMT (8:25 a.m. EST).
The challenge was initially a race but organizers suspended the competitive element last week due to harsh conditions.
Actors Dominic West and Alexander Skarsgard also were on the trek with teams from Britain, the Commonwealth and the U.S.
Harry, an army Apache helicopter pilot who has served in Afghanistan, spent several days in 2011 trekking with wounded servicemen on a similar expedition to the North Pole.
prince harry, south pole, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 33 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos