Dan Brown's 'Inferno' tops Amazon's list for 2013
NEW YORK (AP) - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A year after "Fifty Shades of Grey" overwhelmed best-seller lists, book buyers were seeking different kinds of thrills.
Dan Brown 's latest Robert Langdon caper, "Inferno," was Amazon.com's No. 1 seller for 2013, the online retailer announced Monday. Khaled Hosseini was second with "And the Mountains Echoed." The best-sellers for kids and teens were Veronica Roth's "Allegiant" and Rick Riordan's "The Houses of Hades."
Other major hits on Amazon.com were "The Cuckoo's Calling," a crime story J.K. Rowling wrote under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, and John Grisham's "Sycamore Row." Sylvia Day's "Entwined With You" was one of the few works of erotic fiction to place high on Amazon's list. Nonfiction favorites included Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" and "Things That Matter," an anthology of essays by conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer.
amazon.com, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 24 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 10 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 9 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 4 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 17 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
14 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
24 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
10 min ago