Country singer Chris Cagle arrested on DWI charge
GREENVILLE, Texas (AP) - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Country singer Chris Cagle has been arrested in Texas on a driving while intoxicated charge.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says Cagle was arrested early Sunday near Greenville, 50 miles northeast of Dallas. The agency says the 45-year-old entertainer was pulled over after running a red light.
Hunt County jail records show that Cagle, of Marietta, Okla., wasn't in custody Tuesday. The sheriff's office didn't immediately provide further information on the arrest.
A message to a booking and management agency representing Cagle wasn't immediately returned Tuesday.
Cagle's 2002 single "I Breathe In, I Breathe Out" reached No. 1 on Billboard's country music chart.
texas, DUI, entertainment
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 10 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 52 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act