Bebe Neuwirth to return to 'Chicago' in a new role
NEW YORK (AP) - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bebe Neuwirth is going back to a familiar place on Broadway, but she's making a little razzle-dazzle history along the way.
Producers said Tuesday the Emmy- and Tony-winning former star of TV's "Cheers" will return to the Ambassador Theatre stage in "Chicago" but this time to play Matron "Mama" Morton. She starts Jan. 14 and ends her eight-week run on March 9.
Neuwirth won the Tony Award in 1997 for her portrayal of jazz-age killer Velma Kelly in the show and then returned 10 years later as merry murderess Roxie Hart. When she sinks her teeth into Morton, Neuwirth will have made history as the first actress to play all three female principal parts.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 53 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 54 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 57 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 13 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
56 min ago