Tyler Perry says Fincher is 'amazing' director
NEW YORK (AP) - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Tyler Perry writes, directs, stars in and produces his own movies and TV shows, so he doesn't have much time for outside projects. One he's glad he made work is a role in director David Fincher's upcoming film, "Gone Girl."
Based on the best-selling novel by Gillian Flynn, "Gone Girl" is the story of a man who comes under suspicion in the disappearance of his wife. The movie, scheduled for release next October, stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike.
"Gone Girl" is "the most educational, awe-inspiring thing that I've ever done," Perry said in a recent interview.
"Sitting in his presence, in his genius, the man is a genius," he said of Fincher. "It really makes me go, 'Whoa, let me just stop and take this in,' so it's been wonderful."
And, as one filmmaker to another, he's humbled by working with the Oscar-nominated director.
"I'm a storyteller. That man is a di-re-ctor. He is amazing. And to watch him work and to watch how he paints his pictures, the tableaus, everything is really just beyond anything I could ever imagine."
Perry plays Madea, a big and boisterous grandmother he's made popular in previous movies, in "Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas," now in theaters.
tyler perry, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower