Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
NEW YORK (AP) - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Katie Couric is calling it quits on her weekday syndicated talk show as she heads to Yahoo.
Couric and producer The Walt Disney Co. said Thursday the "Katie" show will wrap after this season. They say shuttering the show after its second season was a mutual decision.
"Katie" will continue to air through next summer.
Couric announced last month she's joining Yahoo to anchor an expansion of its video news initiative. She'll serve as the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based company's global anchor.
She announced at the time she was leaving ABC News, which she joined in 2011.
katie couric, entertainment
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 20 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ