Settlement reached on Casey Kasem conservatorship
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Casey Kasem's wife and one of his daughters have reached a settlement that ends a bid to place the ailing radio personality in a conservatorship.
Details of the agreement between Kasem's wife, Jean, and his daughter Julie Kasem were not divulged in a Los Angeles court where the settlement was announced Friday.
Julie Kasem had been seeking a conservatorship and has said she and her siblings have been blocked from seeing their father, who is suffering from advanced Parkinson's disease.
Her attorney Andrew Katzenstein says the terms of the settlement are confidential.
Another of Kasem's daughters, Kerri, has not reached an agreement. Her attorney Troy Martin says she may have to file a petition to see her 81-year-old father without certain restrictions.
Martin says Casey Kasem is currently hospitalized but wouldn't provide more details.
los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 10 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
10 min ago