Settlement reached on Casey Kasem conservatorship
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Casey Kasem's wife and one of his daughters have reached a settlement that ends a bid to place the ailing radio personality in a conservatorship.
Details of the agreement between Kasem's wife, Jean, and his daughter Julie Kasem were not divulged in a Los Angeles court where the settlement was announced Friday.
Julie Kasem had been seeking a conservatorship and has said she and her siblings have been blocked from seeing their father, who is suffering from advanced Parkinson's disease.
Her attorney Andrew Katzenstein says the terms of the settlement are confidential.
Another of Kasem's daughters, Kerri, has not reached an agreement. Her attorney Troy Martin says she may have to file a petition to see her 81-year-old father without certain restrictions.
Martin says Casey Kasem is currently hospitalized but wouldn't provide more details.
los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 15 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 4 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia