Atlanta rapper Young Jeezy surrenders on threat charges
ATLANTA (AP) - January 7, 2014 (WPVI) -- Fulton County sheriff's officials say Atlanta rapper Young Jeezy surrendered late last week on charges including terroristic threats, false imprisonment and battery.
According to Fulton County jail records, the rapper is free on $45,000 bond.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan says the rapper turned himself on Friday to face charges linked to a grand jury warrant. A report outlining details of the allegations wasn't immediately available, including when the allegations were made and by whom.
One of the rapper's representatives said he didn't have details of the allegations and had no comment.
Flanagan says the rapper, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 29 for a plea and arraignment hearing.
music, atlanta, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 13 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
13 min ago