Chris Brown scheduled to appear in DC courtroom
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Singer Chris Brown is expected to return to court for a status hearing in a case in which he's accused of hitting a man outside a Washington, D.C., hotel.
The R&B singer was arrested in October after a man said the singer hit him outside the W Hotel. Brown and his bodyguard each face a misdemeanor assault charge.
Brown is expected in court on Wednesday afternoon.
At the time of the alleged assault, the Grammy winner was on probation in California for a 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, his then-girlfriend.
As a result of the charge in Washington, a judge revoked Brown's probation in California, but the ruling didn't alter a requirement that Brown complete rehab and community service including roadside cleanup and graffiti removal.
chris brown, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police