Chris Brown scheduled to appear in DC courtroom
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 8, 2014 (WPVI) -- Singer Chris Brown is expected to return to court for a status hearing in a case in which he's accused of hitting a man outside a Washington, D.C., hotel.
The R&B singer was arrested in October after a man said the singer hit him outside the W Hotel. Brown and his bodyguard each face a misdemeanor assault charge.
Brown is expected in court on Wednesday afternoon.
At the time of the alleged assault, the Grammy winner was on probation in California for a 2009 attack on singer Rihanna, his then-girlfriend.
As a result of the charge in Washington, a judge revoked Brown's probation in California, but the ruling didn't alter a requirement that Brown complete rehab and community service including roadside cleanup and graffiti removal.
chris brown, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 11 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 57 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 31 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos