Timberlake, Thicke have top-selling album, song
Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke (WPVI) -- Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke owned 2013 in music.
Nielsen Entertainment announced late Tuesday that Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" was the top-selling album with 2.4 million units sold. Thicke's ubiquitous "Blurred Lines" was the best-selling song with 6.4 million tracks sold.
Albums sales were down. Only 289.4 million albums were sold in 2013, compared with 316 million a year before. Single tracks also saw a decrease, by 6 percent. Streaming, however, was up 32 percent with 118.1 million streams. The sales figures include data from YouTube, Spotify and other digital outlets. Baauer's "Harlem Shake" topped the year with 489,674,000 streams.
New releases from Eminem and Luke Bryan rounded out the top three albums. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" placed second and third on the singles list.
justin timberlake, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 53 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos