Outkast announces more than 40 festival dates
NEW YORK (AP) - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- Outkast's 20th anniversary comeback is being extended to more than 40 festival dates in 2014.
The Grammy Award-winning rap duo announced across its newly launched social media platforms Monday morning that it will play the dates, but not where. Andre "Andre 3000" Benjamin and Antwan "Big Boi" Patton announced last week they were coming off hiatus and performing together for the first time in 10 years at the Coachella Valley Arts & Music Festival in April.
Benjamin and Patton never formally broke up but stopped working together after the release of the 2006 soundtrack "Idlewild" at the height of their popularity. Patton has released a couple of solo albums in the interim, and Benjamin has been acting and making occasional musical guest appearances.
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 20 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 49 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 41 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
5 min ago