Outkast announces more than 40 festival dates
NEW YORK (AP) - January 13, 2014 (WPVI) -- Outkast's 20th anniversary comeback is being extended to more than 40 festival dates in 2014.
The Grammy Award-winning rap duo announced across its newly launched social media platforms Monday morning that it will play the dates, but not where. Andre "Andre 3000" Benjamin and Antwan "Big Boi" Patton announced last week they were coming off hiatus and performing together for the first time in 10 years at the Coachella Valley Arts & Music Festival in April.
Benjamin and Patton never formally broke up but stopped working together after the release of the 2006 soundtrack "Idlewild" at the height of their popularity. Patton has released a couple of solo albums in the interim, and Benjamin has been acting and making occasional musical guest appearances.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 34 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 41 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ