Mary Blige's father stabbed, critically wounded
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- Michigan police say the father of multi-platinum-selling singer Mary J. Blige was stabbed and critically injured.
Police say his ex-girlfriend is in jail on an attempted murder charge.
Battle Creek police say the attack happened about 7:00 a.m. Thursday at the apartment of 63-year-old Thomas Blige.
Police say he had a neck wound and was taken to Kalamazoo's Bronson Methodist Hospital, which says it has no information on his condition.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens said officers recovered the knife and found Blige's ex-girlfriend with blood on her clothing. She's in the Calhoun County jail and is expected to be arraigned Friday.
Forty-three-year-old Mary Blige is a Grammy award winner whose hits include "Real Love," ''No More Drama" and "Family Affair."
stabbing, michigan, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 25 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more