6ABC Loves The Arts
Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- All of Philadelphia will soon be a stage for hundreds of arts performances in dozens of venues around the city.
It is the 16th annual Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe. This year there are 15 hand selected groups from around the world in the Live Arts &.and 140 artists in the completely unfiltered Fringe.The Live Arts Philly Fringe has something for everyone&.from dance, theatre and music to the jaw- dropping circus arts of the Montreal-based 7 Fingers .
Nick Stuccio, Producing Director of the Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe said, "There's no big costumes, there's no makeup, there's no head dresses, this is circus at a human scale and you get to hear from the performers. They kind of come down to sit on the edge of the stage and talk about themselves." The comedic play, Bang, tackles the hot-button issue of gender politics. The actresses interact directly with the audience. And a warning to families&.the comedians perform mostly in the nude. "it's a funny, very sort of daring, provocative piece about departing from this notion of can a woman be beautiful and be silly and fun and funny at the same time," said Stuccio. Le Grand Continental proves that art is for everyone&.bringing together more than 175 Philadelphians for an all-out celebration of dance. Stuccio added, "Regular old people like you and me and they have been learning this dance twice a week, three hours a night for the entire summer. All shapes, sizes, colors, ages, it's fantastic and you really feel the power of dance." Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe starts September 7th and runs through the 22nd. For tickets and the full schedule, visit Live Arts Festival.
lifestyle, 6abc loves the arts
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 51 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington 10 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition