6ABC Loves The Arts
Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- All of Philadelphia will soon be a stage for hundreds of arts performances in dozens of venues around the city.
It is the 16th annual Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe. This year there are 15 hand selected groups from around the world in the Live Arts &.and 140 artists in the completely unfiltered Fringe.The Live Arts Philly Fringe has something for everyone&.from dance, theatre and music to the jaw- dropping circus arts of the Montreal-based 7 Fingers .
Nick Stuccio, Producing Director of the Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe said, "There's no big costumes, there's no makeup, there's no head dresses, this is circus at a human scale and you get to hear from the performers. They kind of come down to sit on the edge of the stage and talk about themselves." The comedic play, Bang, tackles the hot-button issue of gender politics. The actresses interact directly with the audience. And a warning to families&.the comedians perform mostly in the nude. "it's a funny, very sort of daring, provocative piece about departing from this notion of can a woman be beautiful and be silly and fun and funny at the same time," said Stuccio. Le Grand Continental proves that art is for everyone&.bringing together more than 175 Philadelphians for an all-out celebration of dance. Stuccio added, "Regular old people like you and me and they have been learning this dance twice a week, three hours a night for the entire summer. All shapes, sizes, colors, ages, it's fantastic and you really feel the power of dance." Live Arts Festival and Philly Fringe starts September 7th and runs through the 22nd. For tickets and the full schedule, visit Live Arts Festival.
lifestyle, 6abc loves the arts
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 59 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 29 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 19 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 40 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
59 min ago