6ABC Loves The Arts
Legends of Zelda coming to the Mann Center
FAIRMOUNT PARK - July 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- All you gamers out there get set. Legends of Zelda are coming to the Mann Center for the performing arts for an encore performance.
The Zelda concert is part of the Philadelphia Orchestra's summer season at the Mann. Last year, 7000 loyal gamers turned out, many in full costumed character. So this year, they created Zelda ll.
Zelda II is set for July 25th and will include new music and video from the ever-evolving chapters of the Zelda history.
This is a terrific marriage of those video gamers who absolutely are Zelda fans but have never experienced a live orchestra, live accompanying these images.
On July 31st, the orchestra will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Stravinky's Rite of Spring.Catherine Cahill, President & CEO of The Mann Center said, "When it was written and premiered in Paris, riots occurred because it was so controversial at the time. Now it's a staple of our orchestral repertoire."
Three Russian composers will be feted that night, in a concert that also features Curtis alum Di Wu on piano.
The next night, the Fabulous Philadelphians pay tribute to the late American pianist, Van Cliburn by showcasing this year's winner of his international piano competition.
"And we are particularly pleased and very, very honored to have none other than the keyboard of Van Cliburn himself being brought here for this concert," said Cahill.
August 2nd, the orchestra wraps up its summer season at the Mann with tunes from the great American songbook.
"This promises to be a night of very, very popular Americana with songs we all know and love," added Cahill.
And you can sprawl out and listen on the Mann's newly expanded lawn.
"Our lawn now is absolutely one of the world class summer performing arts center lawns, the great lawn as we like to call her," said Cahill.
For the complete Mann schedule and tickets, go to Mann Center.
lifestyle, 6abc loves the arts
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 17 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
44 min ago