1st portraits of Prince George are a family affair
LONDON - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have bypassed professional photographers and chosen family snapshots for the first official images of their new son, Prince George.
Royal officials on Tuesday released photos of Kate holding the swaddled baby while standing beside William - and in one image, the couple's cocker spaniel, Lupo. The pictures were taken by Kate's father, Michael Middleton, in the family's backyard.
The casual images are a departure from the royal tradition of hiring professional photographers for baby portraits.
Professionals gave the snapshots a mixed review. Martin Keene, head of pictures at the Press Association news agency, said "any photographer would have been pleased to have taken them." But The Sun newspaper's veteran royal photographer, Arthur Edwards, advised Michael Middleton: "Don't give up the day job."
england, kate middleton, prince william, Royal Baby 2013, royal baby
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 40 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 24 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 44 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 44 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 44 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
40 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
44 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos