UK monarchy to launch 'Royal App' ahead of wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Britain's monarchy says it is launching its first official "Royal App" for smartphones, and it will focus on past royal weddings.
Available for download just days before Prince William and Kate Middleton's April 29 wedding, the application will tell the story of seven royal nuptials.
It will showcase images of wedding dresses, jewelry, wedding cakes and flowers from those weddings - from Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1840, to Prince Charles and Camilla in 2005.
Jemima Rellie at the Royal Collection said Wednesday the app will offer "a wealth of historical context" for the upcoming royal wedding.
The application will be available in eight languages and can be downloaded for iPhones and Android from April 18.
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 36 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 18 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball