UK monarchy to launch 'Royal App' ahead of wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- Britain's monarchy says it is launching its first official "Royal App" for smartphones, and it will focus on past royal weddings.
Available for download just days before Prince William and Kate Middleton's April 29 wedding, the application will tell the story of seven royal nuptials.
It will showcase images of wedding dresses, jewelry, wedding cakes and flowers from those weddings - from Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1840, to Prince Charles and Camilla in 2005.
Jemima Rellie at the Royal Collection said Wednesday the app will offer "a wealth of historical context" for the upcoming royal wedding.
The application will be available in eight languages and can be downloaded for iPhones and Android from April 18.
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 16 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
16 min ago