George Michael records song as royal wedding gift
LONDON (AP) - April 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- George Michael isn't invited to the royal wedding, but he has recorded a song for Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The musician is making the track available to download for free, but hopes fans will make a donation to the Royal Wedding Charity Fund.
He has been teasing fans on Twitter about his choice of song, which he plans to reveal Friday on Piers Morgan's CNN show.
The former Wham! singer, whose solo hits include "Faith" and "Freedom," spent a month in jail last year for crashing his Range Rover while under the influence of drugs.
Michael was a friend of William's mother, the late Princess Diana, but said he wasn't expecting to attend the April 29 wedding. He tweeted that the couple should be "surrounded by people they love, not dodgy ex-con pop stars."
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 20 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
20 min ago