British PM to wear tails to royal wedding
LONDON (AP) - April 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Prime Minister David Cameron is changing course and plans to wear a formal morning suit with long tails to the royal wedding after all.
A spokesman indicated earlier this week Cameron would opt for a business suit at the April 29 event instead of the traditional tails associated with upper-class English weddings.
But Cameron's office said Wednesday the prime minister now plans to wear a more formal suit. His decision is expected to lead other politicians to shed business wear for morning suits.
The wedding invitation gives men a choice of suits, military uniforms or traditional formal wear.
Cameron has been reluctant to wear outfits that remind voters of his elite education at Eton College and Oxford University.
royal wedding, england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 29 min ago
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 8 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned 48 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
29 min ago