Fergie says royal wedding snub was 'difficult'
CHICAGO (AP) -May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Ferguson tells Oprah Winfrey it was "difficult" not to be invited to last month's royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The Duchess of York says in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she instead went to Thailand. Ferguson says she wanted to be with her daughters, who attended the wedding with their father and Ferguson's former husband, Prince Andrew.
Ferguson also told Winfrey she believes Prince William's mother, the late Princess Diana, "would be so proud of her son."
Ferguson is to have a show on Winfrey's new cable station, OWN. Winfrey is ending her talk show this month after 25 years.
Last May, Ferguson talked to Winfrey about being caught on video offering access to Prince Andrew for $724,000.
england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 26 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 28 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 20 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
28 min ago