Fergie says royal wedding snub was 'difficult'
CHICAGO (AP) -May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Ferguson tells Oprah Winfrey it was "difficult" not to be invited to last month's royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The Duchess of York says in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she instead went to Thailand. Ferguson says she wanted to be with her daughters, who attended the wedding with their father and Ferguson's former husband, Prince Andrew.
Ferguson also told Winfrey she believes Prince William's mother, the late Princess Diana, "would be so proud of her son."
Ferguson is to have a show on Winfrey's new cable station, OWN. Winfrey is ending her talk show this month after 25 years.
Last May, Ferguson talked to Winfrey about being caught on video offering access to Prince Andrew for $724,000.
england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ