Fergie says royal wedding snub was 'difficult'
CHICAGO (AP) -May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Ferguson tells Oprah Winfrey it was "difficult" not to be invited to last month's royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The Duchess of York says in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she instead went to Thailand. Ferguson says she wanted to be with her daughters, who attended the wedding with their father and Ferguson's former husband, Prince Andrew.
Ferguson also told Winfrey she believes Prince William's mother, the late Princess Diana, "would be so proud of her son."
Ferguson is to have a show on Winfrey's new cable station, OWN. Winfrey is ending her talk show this month after 25 years.
Last May, Ferguson talked to Winfrey about being caught on video offering access to Prince Andrew for $724,000.
england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 26 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
53 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
26 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
56 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
4 min ago