Fergie says royal wedding snub was 'difficult'
CHICAGO (AP) -May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sarah Ferguson tells Oprah Winfrey it was "difficult" not to be invited to last month's royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The Duchess of York says in an interview scheduled to air Wednesday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she instead went to Thailand. Ferguson says she wanted to be with her daughters, who attended the wedding with their father and Ferguson's former husband, Prince Andrew.
Ferguson also told Winfrey she believes Prince William's mother, the late Princess Diana, "would be so proud of her son."
Ferguson is to have a show on Winfrey's new cable station, OWN. Winfrey is ending her talk show this month after 25 years.
Last May, Ferguson talked to Winfrey about being caught on video offering access to Prince Andrew for $724,000.
england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
24 min ago