Princess Beatrice's wedding hat at $30K
LONDON (AP) -May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Online auctioneer eBay said that bids for one of the wackiest pieces of royal wedding headgear have approached 18,400 pounds ($30K.)
Princess Beatrice's massive ring-and-bow-shaped hat turned heads at the wedding of her cousin Prince William last month.
The Philip Treacy creation has been compared to a toilet seat or a pretzel. Images of the headpiece have been repeatedly digitally manipulated and posted online, featuring - for example - a cat crawling through it.
Funds from the hat's sale will go to UNICEF and Children in Crisis, according to eBay. Beatrice said she hoped whoever bought the hat would have "as much fun with it as I have."
The auction ends May 22.
england, london, prince william, kate middleton, royal wedding
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1