Tuned In to Paula Cole
December 8, 2007 (WPVI) -- After retreating from the limelight seven years ago, Paula Cole has reemerged with a new view on her career and her life.
Paula was riding a strong wave of success before taking leave from her career. She started her career as a backup singer for Peter Gabriel. Then, with the release of her sophomore album This Fire in 1996, Cole scored a big break when her song "I don't want to wait" was picked up as the title song of the hit series Dawson's Creek. Another sensational single off of This Fire was "Where have all the cowboys gone?", and in 1997 Paula won the Grammy for Best Artist of the Year.Things seemed to be getting exponentially better for Cole's career. But despite her achievements Paula felt trapped by the industry. So she left New York for a home in Los Angeles, and conceived a daughter. Consumed with the responsibilities of motherhood, Paula took the next several years to search her soul for the right path. Then everything came back together. Paula yearned to sing again, and with the help of her long-time friend and producer Bobby Colomby, she released the appropriately named album Courage in 2007. Paula recently performed at the Keswick Theatre in Glenside, Pennsylvania. We spoke to her backstage before the show, where she discussed the metamorphosis of her career and the significance of her newly released album. Check out excerpts from the interview as well as performance video in our media carousel at the top of the page. Now YOU are Tuned In to Paula Cole! --- On the Net: www.paulacole.com
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 52 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 22 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 53 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
22 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
52 min ago