Tuned In to The Peace Creeps
March 29, 2009 (WPVI) -- Our featured artists this week are The Peace Creeps. They are a local rock band with deep roots in our music community. Their front man, Richard Bush, was once the lead singer of an iconic local rock band called "The A's". His band has managed to maintain the musical integrity of their predecessors, while bringing a creative current sound to new generations of fans.
A self-fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. These words were uttered, tongue in cheek, by Richard Bush lead singer of Philadelphia's premiere 80's band, the A's. Here, if you like, you can add your favorite major label horror story. The only things we need to recall are the rocked-out virtuoso shows that were talked about all over town and the almost hit "A Woman's Got the Power" which was memorably covered by Clarence Clemens and later by Jennifer Holiday. Somewhere there is a live at the Meadowlands recording by Bruce Springsteen that we all would like to hear.
Not one to dwell on the past, Richard knew he had to rebuild from scratch. This meant going into the woodshed with a guitar and getting serious about his next move. After acquiring a load of vintage equipment and some ProTools knowledge he built a recording studio in his living room.
With a new writing partner he proceeded to whip up a catalog of very presentable new tunes and with the estimable assist of guitarist John Marchiano, drummer Bruce Rogers and the bass and zeetar stylings of Michael Vogelman, the Peace Creeps were born.
Looking back on British Invasion and American rock favorites of the late 60's and early 70's (Byrds, Big Star, Kinks, Stones, Hendrix and the Fab Four) and forward on favored
contemporaries, the Peace Creeps have recorded their own little garden of earthly delights and they have named it Autumn of Love. Fourteen tales of human experience married together like chapters in a book, the Peace Creeps debut swirls with touches of psychedelia dreamscape, real world weariness and the joy of reinvention.
Please enjoy the performance video from their show at The Tin Angel
You are now Tuned In to The Peace Creeps
On the web-
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 6 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 19 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 11 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 58 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
19 min ago