Tuned In to The Peace Creeps
March 29, 2009 (WPVI) -- Our featured artists this week are The Peace Creeps. They are a local rock band with deep roots in our music community. Their front man, Richard Bush, was once the lead singer of an iconic local rock band called "The A's". His band has managed to maintain the musical integrity of their predecessors, while bringing a creative current sound to new generations of fans.
A self-fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. These words were uttered, tongue in cheek, by Richard Bush lead singer of Philadelphia's premiere 80's band, the A's. Here, if you like, you can add your favorite major label horror story. The only things we need to recall are the rocked-out virtuoso shows that were talked about all over town and the almost hit "A Woman's Got the Power" which was memorably covered by Clarence Clemens and later by Jennifer Holiday. Somewhere there is a live at the Meadowlands recording by Bruce Springsteen that we all would like to hear.
Not one to dwell on the past, Richard knew he had to rebuild from scratch. This meant going into the woodshed with a guitar and getting serious about his next move. After acquiring a load of vintage equipment and some ProTools knowledge he built a recording studio in his living room.
With a new writing partner he proceeded to whip up a catalog of very presentable new tunes and with the estimable assist of guitarist John Marchiano, drummer Bruce Rogers and the bass and zeetar stylings of Michael Vogelman, the Peace Creeps were born.
Looking back on British Invasion and American rock favorites of the late 60's and early 70's (Byrds, Big Star, Kinks, Stones, Hendrix and the Fab Four) and forward on favored
contemporaries, the Peace Creeps have recorded their own little garden of earthly delights and they have named it Autumn of Love. Fourteen tales of human experience married together like chapters in a book, the Peace Creeps debut swirls with touches of psychedelia dreamscape, real world weariness and the joy of reinvention.
Please enjoy the performance video from their show at The Tin Angel
You are now Tuned In to The Peace Creeps
On the web-
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1