TUNED IN to Rise Against
Our featured Tuned In Band this week is Rise Against. They are a rock band from Chicago, Illinois. Many music writers have referred to them as "defining the sound of a new generation". With their huge loyal fan base, record topping hits, and critically acclaimed music, they are considered to have joined the ranks of iconic bands such as Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Coldplay.
- 6abc.com's Tuned In CHANNEL
- SHARE YOUR BAND - See local bands & share yours!
- FACEBOOK: Become a Tuned In fan!
- VIDEO LIBRARY: Watch dozens of Tuned In videos!
We caught up with them during a sold out "LiveNation" show at Penn's Landing. They energized the crowd of thousands with their positive messages, and sounds.
Here is their biography courtesy of their label, DGC/Interscope Records, which is part of the Universal Music Group.
About Rise Against
Rise Against is vocalist Tim McIlrath, bassist Joe Principe, drummer Brandon Barnes and guitarist Zach Blair. In spring 2001, the band released their debut CD "The Unraveling" on Fat Wreck Chords. After two years of solid touring, Rise Against recorded "Revolutions Per Minute" (2002), followed by "Siren Song Of The Counter-Culture" (2004). "The Sufferer & the Witness" was released in 2006 and debuted at #10 on the Billboard Top 200 chart. Rise Against released their fifth studio album, Appeal To Reason, on DGC/Interscope Records last fall and it debuted at #3 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart as well as spending one week at # 1 on the iTunes album chart. Three singles, "Re-Education (Through Labor)," "Audience Of One" and new single "Savior" have risen to the top of the modern rock radio charts. Rise Against just finished a summer headlining tour with special guest Rancid and a main stage performance at Lollapalooza this year.
Please enjoy the performance video from their show at Penn's Landing.
You are now Tuned In to Rise Against
On the web-
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 37 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ