TUNED IN to Bruce Torres
Our featured Tuned In artist this week is Bruce Torres. He is a talented local singer songwriter whose songs have been featured on many radio stations.
We caught up with him at Brittinghams in Lafayette Hill during a special Tuned In recording session.
The following is his biography.
Born and raised in Reading, PA, Bruce Torres is a singer/songwriter with a lot of heart. His sound blends the feel of artists like Lenny Kravitz, Pearl Jam, Prince and Red Hot Chili Peppers (or so he's been told).
His songs range from the popular Philly tune "Citygirl", to the heartbreaking "Dream Child", to the heavy dance feel of "Tied" and "Better Than Waiting".
Bruce's career began in Philadelphia as a solo performer, and his live act has now grown to feature a full backing band, including bass player Tony McWilliams of Dashboard Iguana, drummer Tom Mellon of The Parsnip Revolt and guitarist Evan McIntyre of The Silence .
In 2004, Bruce made his mark in Philly by creating and hosting Philly Rising Open Stage Nights at World Café Live and over the next three years turned it into one of the premiere musical competitions in Philadelphia.
His songs have been featured on several major radio stations in the market and have recently been featured during broadcasts of Philadelphia Phillies games.
In 2008 Bruce's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and is now a "survivor." On Saturday April 10th, 2010, Bruce will be producing and headlining "Rock for the Cure" downstairs at World Cafe Live as part of a fund raising effort for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure foundation of which his family is actively participating.
LINK: http://ww5.komen.org/ Please enjoy the performance video from his show at Brittinghams
You are now Tuned In to Bruce Torres
On the web-
tuned in, tuned in
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 21 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 33 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
43 min ago