TUNED IN to Bruce Torres
Our featured Tuned In artist this week is Bruce Torres. He is a talented local singer songwriter whose songs have been featured on many radio stations.
We caught up with him at Brittinghams in Lafayette Hill during a special Tuned In recording session.
The following is his biography.
Born and raised in Reading, PA, Bruce Torres is a singer/songwriter with a lot of heart. His sound blends the feel of artists like Lenny Kravitz, Pearl Jam, Prince and Red Hot Chili Peppers (or so he's been told).
His songs range from the popular Philly tune "Citygirl", to the heartbreaking "Dream Child", to the heavy dance feel of "Tied" and "Better Than Waiting".
Bruce's career began in Philadelphia as a solo performer, and his live act has now grown to feature a full backing band, including bass player Tony McWilliams of Dashboard Iguana, drummer Tom Mellon of The Parsnip Revolt and guitarist Evan McIntyre of The Silence .
In 2004, Bruce made his mark in Philly by creating and hosting Philly Rising Open Stage Nights at World Café Live and over the next three years turned it into one of the premiere musical competitions in Philadelphia.
His songs have been featured on several major radio stations in the market and have recently been featured during broadcasts of Philadelphia Phillies games.
In 2008 Bruce's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and is now a "survivor." On Saturday April 10th, 2010, Bruce will be producing and headlining "Rock for the Cure" downstairs at World Cafe Live as part of a fund raising effort for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure foundation of which his family is actively participating.
LINK: http://ww5.komen.org/ Please enjoy the performance video from his show at Brittinghams
You are now Tuned In to Bruce Torres
On the web-
tuned in, tuned in
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 5 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 5 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA