TUNED IN to Paddy's Well
Our featured Tuned In band this week is Paddy's Well. They are a traditional Irish Music band from the Lafayette Hill, PA area.
Their accolades are many, and their shows have become an integral part of many communities. If you ever have the chance to attend one of their "First Friday" shows at Brittingham's, in Lafayette Hill, you will see firsthand why it is that many of their fans drive for hundreds of miles to see them. As one fan puts it: "both young and old will sit together in the same room and have a great time&it's like going to a wedding where everyone enjoys themselves in a family environment".
These are some of the reasons why this group of accomplished musicians have often been named "best Irish Music band" by local radio stations, and publications.
We caught up with them during a special recording session at Brittingham's. Front men Paul Moore and Joe Hughes spoke to us about the importance of maintaining their bond with the community while carrying on Irish traditions through music. Paul is a second generation Irish American who studied Irish music while in school in Ireland. Joe hails from Belfast Ireland.
Fans quickly point out that regardless of what background you are from, we can all enjoy the spirit of the Irish when watching these guys.
Here is their biography:
Paddy's Well is a music project that came about when 2 men with a common interest in Irish music finally got an opportunity to chat. Paul Moore and Joe Hughes have been playing Irish folk, traditional, and original music for years in and around Philadelphia; Paul with Blackthorn and Joe with Banna. Through the years their busy schedules rarely left them time to share a stage let alone discuss their common interest in music over a pint.
Both men left their respective bands in 2004. A chance meeting at a benefit for a friend brought them together on stage for the first time. Joined by talented bassist Frank Reed, Matt Brescia on tin, whistle, flute, and concertina, & Laine Walker on fiddle, a band slowly emerged from the smoke and Guinness stains at Brittingham's pub. The band continues to grow in popularity from Philadelphia to the Jersey shore and Festivals and concerts along the way. Look for the release of the debut cd. It hopes to capture the songs and music that have audiences around the area packing pubs & singing along. Please enjoy the performance video from their show Brittingham's in Lafayette Hill, PA .
You are now Tuned In to Paddy's Well
On the web-
tuned in, tuned in
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 23 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 39 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos