TUNED IN to THE PHILLY FOLK PARADE
May 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- Our featured Tuned In artists this week are The Philly Folk Parade. They are actually a collaborative group comprised of over 40 local artists. This local music community initiative is spear headed Spinning Leaves member, Barbara Gettes, and Hezekiah Jones, among others. Since many of them are the most popular artists in our area, fans have referred to them as a local All-Star group. They are currently playing at The Fire, in Philadelphia. Look for the Philly Folk Parade to make a stop at a local venue near you soon.
We caught up with them during a show at The General Lafayette Inn, in Lafayette Hill, PA.
Here is some more information as provided by the group.
The Philly Folk Parade is a sounding bell of human musical freedom and a celebration of brotherly love! Made of the intermingling inspirations and revelry of 30 to 40 Philadelphia artists, it is absolutely alive with the sounds of people power - a stage busting full of stomps, claps, choirs, and movement. The Philly Folk Parade is organized around the premise that building community empowers everyone, and to that end, the collective is responsible for a series of large concerts and a tour with the aim of showcasing to the world the incredibly vibrant music scene of Philadelphia and the flourishing new folk movement blooming in its streets.
Organized by local 'folk stars' the Spinning Leaves and Hezekiah Jones, the Folk Parade's Fire residency will provide a rotating cast of local musicians sharing the stage for four memorable nights of independent music. A different local artist will host each date of the residency, with the Great Unknown hosting on 5/4, the Spinning Leaves on 5/11, Chris Kasper on 5/18 and Hezekiah Jones on 5/25. An early list of artists set to perform features tons of local favorites, including Cowmuddy, Hoots and Hellmouth, Joshua Park, Jim Boggia,Toy Soldiers,Wissahickon Chicken Shack, Andrew Lipke and many, many more. Don't miss out on a single night of this surely memorable residency!
You are now Tuned In to The Philly Folk Parade.
On the web-
tuned in, tuned in
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 42 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 31 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 44 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 36 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
44 min ago