TUNED IN to CHRIS KASPER
Our featured Tuned In artist this week is Chris Kasper. He is a singer songwriter from the Philadelphia area with a huge loyal fan base. Fans are quick to point out the many wonderful reviews, and buzz around the national AAA music scene for his work.
We caught up with him at the General Lafayette Inn, in Lafayette Hill, PA, during a special performance with The Philly Folk Parade.
He shared his thoughts on where he draws inspiration for his writing and the intimate connection he shares with his fans while performing.
Please enjoy his biography.
Kasper is a songwriter's songwriter, an artist who won devoted fans and awards seemingly from the moment he released his first record, a demo recorded in a friend's living room in 2002. Kasper soon relocated to Philadelphia, where he has built a devoted following not only of music lovers, but of his fellow songwriters and musicians. Kasper maintains that his peers remain his most important audience, and they often can be found singing every word along with him at his shows, even on songs that have never been released.
"FlyingBoy", released in 2006, earned more fans and gushing reviews, mixing "warm, graceful melodies" (The Intelligencer) with an energy rarely achieved in an acoustic setting. "Not everyone can take an acoustic guitar and make it groove like a full band," one reviewer observed, but Kasper "delivers astounding results" (Performing Songwriter). Kasper further expanded his audience with his folks-bluegrass band The Lowlands, whose full-length "Bark & Twine" made a sensational debut at the 2007 Philadelphia Folk Festival, further establishing Kasper as a songwriter of rare depth and intensity.
"Chasing Another Sundown" is Kasper's first fully produced studio recording, expanding on the "signature dreamy acoustic sound" (PLAY Magazine) heard on "FlyingBoy", while featuring the artist's gift for haunting phrases and refrains. "It's ambient and water-like in that it surrounds you," Kasper says. "It's got a real country vibe as well as a real folk vibe, but with more modern elements than you expect."
You are now Tuned In to Chris Kasper.
tuned in, tuned in
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 59 min ago
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 7 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 54 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 44 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
44 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
39 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos