Fitness book encourages getting "Naked"
PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2010 (WPVI) -- A new fitness book is getting a lot of attention, in no small part because of its title!
The book is called "Naked Fitness," but despite what the title suggests you don't have to strip down and exercise nude.
However, the author and fitness guru Andrea Metcalf says you can learn a lot just by taking a good look at your body in the mirror.
Metcalf has written what she calls a "proven" 28-day lifestyle program in her new book. She says it starts with examining your posture and getting your body back in balance.
That's the key, she says, to working out *pain free.
"So you don't have tight hamstrings, you don't have tight shoulders, you don't have that constant rock up your neck that hurts," Metcalf said.
Her plan includes 10 minutes of stretching and strengthening exercises every day. She also advocates people walk 1 to 2 hours per day.
"It can be 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there," she said.
But, as the name suggests, "Naked Fitness" also pushes the bare essentials - encouraging people to strip away the excuses that block weight loss.
"There is a little bit of honesty that when you come out of the shower and you glance in the mirror - 'That is what I look like and I have to start somewhere,'" said Metcalf. "Then know that anything is possible from there."
Andrea also talks about getting back to the basics with eating by taking out processed foods and eating more natural things like fruits and vegetables.
-------- Online: http://www.andreametcalf.com/
exercise, diet, healthcheck, ali gorman, r.n.
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos