Delco hospital reports outbreak of norovirus
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. - February 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park, Delaware County, is asking people not to visit loved ones there.
That's because they are trying to stop an outbreak of norovirus, a common stomach bug.
The hospital says earlier this month it had some cases in its in-patient rehabilitation unit.
Then, workers there noticed people in other units were getting sick.
Hospital officials say they won't stop visitors, but they will have to wear gowns, masks, and gloves in the building.
The restrictions should only last a few days.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hospitals, healthcheck
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 25 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 41 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
42 min ago