Delco hospital reports outbreak of norovirus
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. - February 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park, Delaware County, is asking people not to visit loved ones there.
That's because they are trying to stop an outbreak of norovirus, a common stomach bug.
The hospital says earlier this month it had some cases in its in-patient rehabilitation unit.
Then, workers there noticed people in other units were getting sick.
Hospital officials say they won't stop visitors, but they will have to wear gowns, masks, and gloves in the building.
The restrictions should only last a few days.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hospitals, healthcheck
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 9 min ago
- Shower In Spots 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
9 min ago
- Shower In Spots
1 min ago