Dr. Emil Matarese
Dr. Emil Matarese currently serves as the Director of the Primary Stroke Center, Chairperson of Neurology and Director of the Neurophysiology Lab at St. Mary Medical Center.
He also serves as Director for the Musical Healing Ministries, Medical Explorers and Boy Scout Volunteer programs at St. Mary. Dr. Matarese received his medical degree from The College of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ. He completed his post-graduate education from the University Hospital, College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and the Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Matarese is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Medical Association and the Pennsylvania Medical Society.
Dr. Matarese also sits on the Board of Directors for the Southeast Region chapter of the American Stroke Association, for which he also serves as a National Spokesperson for the "Power to End Stroke Program" and a Director for both the Youth Ambassador for "Stroke Awareness Program" and "Gospel Night for Stroke Awareness Program".
Dr. Matarese received the Delaware Valley Stroke Council's Lifetime Achievement award as Stroke Physician of the year in 2010. He also received the Power Ambassador award for 2011 from the American Stroke Association Power to End Stroke.
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 52 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape