Trainer packs on pounds on purpose
November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A personal trainer was so dedicated to helping others get in shape that he actually sacrificed his own body.
Six months ago, Drew Manning was the picture of health at a trim 193 pounds.
In May, Manning decided to abandon his strict diet and exercise regime to better understand what his clients go through to get back in shape. With his wife's help, Manning documented his reverse transformation.
After just a month of chowing down on corndogs and doughnuts, Manning had gained 21 pounds! As the weeks progressed the experiment took a heavy toll.
"It is really hard I am not going to lie," Manning said. "Sometimes I doubt, you know, what am I doing, and say, 'Are you crazy? You have these rolls of fat everywhere... impeding you.'"
After 25 weeks, Manning had packed on nearly 80 pounds and at 269 pounds, his blood pressure is also now dangerously high.
Manning says his journey back to health starts Saturday.
exercise, food, healthcheck
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 56 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA 45 min ago
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend 40 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra