Trainer packs on pounds on purpose
November 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A personal trainer was so dedicated to helping others get in shape that he actually sacrificed his own body.
Six months ago, Drew Manning was the picture of health at a trim 193 pounds.
In May, Manning decided to abandon his strict diet and exercise regime to better understand what his clients go through to get back in shape. With his wife's help, Manning documented his reverse transformation.
After just a month of chowing down on corndogs and doughnuts, Manning had gained 21 pounds! As the weeks progressed the experiment took a heavy toll.
"It is really hard I am not going to lie," Manning said. "Sometimes I doubt, you know, what am I doing, and say, 'Are you crazy? You have these rolls of fat everywhere... impeding you.'"
After 25 weeks, Manning had packed on nearly 80 pounds and at 269 pounds, his blood pressure is also now dangerously high.
Manning says his journey back to health starts Saturday.
exercise, food, healthcheck
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 33 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire 56 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 17 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
39 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
56 min ago